Hello again, everybody! I’m back in your inbox this morning with your fresh edition of the Sachem Daily. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about what’s happening around town, including updates on…
- Three Sachem students chosen to perform in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Suffolk County offers free credit monitoring to people exposed in cyberattack.
- See upcoming open houses in the Town of Brookhaven.
But first, today’s weather:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 52 low: 42.
Here are the top stories in Sachem today:
- Three Sachem students chosen to perform in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Jaden Rudnicki and Dylan McKay, of Sachem High School East, and Gianna Marchese of Sachem North High School, will march in front of thousands on the streets during the 96th annual parade as a part of the 2022 Macy’s Great American Marching Band. They auditioned last December and were 3 of 185 students chosen throughout the country. (Sachem Patch)
- Suffolk County offers free credit monitoring to people exposed in cyberattack. In newly released details, Suffolk said that 470,000 residents may have had their driver’s license numbers exposed if they had a moving violation in the past ten years. The complimentary credit monitoring and identity theft protection must be activated by Feb. 17, 2023, and subscribers must be prepared to show that they fit into one of the impacted categories and be prepared to provide proof if contacted by Suffolk. (Sachem Patch)
- See upcoming open houses in the Town of Brookhaven. The homes are all newly listed and have open houses within the next week. Click on the link for photos and more information on the homes. (Sachem Patch)
Today in Sachem:
- Thanksgiving Dinner on the Lake – Windows on the Lake. (Noon)
- Thanksgiving Dinner To Go… From Windows On The Lake. (Noon)
From my notebook:
- Sachem Library: “Just a reminder, we’ll be closing today at 5pm and remain closed through tomorrow, November 24. Have a wonderful holiday, love your friends at Sachem Library.” (Sachem Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Sachem Daily? Contact me at Sachem@patch.com
Read More: 🌱 Sachem Students In Macy’s Parade + Suffolk Offers Credit Monitoring